Who is your favorite Cougar Quarterback of all time?

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Welcome to BYU Cougar Sports


I have been an avid BYU fan my entire life, even though I did not attend school there (my wife, and two of my six children have). I am excited about BYU's future as an independent football power ( I do think there will be a few lumps along the way, but the exposure for the school and church will be fabulous).

This season has been a big disappointment. I felt with a strong offensive line, and the infusion of top tier recruits that we would fare better than we have. The second half of the season will show a lot about the character of the team and the coaching staff. We have shown the ability to run the ball and should do so more to relieve the pressure off of Jake Heaps. I know it is tempting to throw the ball down field a lot, but the second or third and long situations force him into a lot of mistakes. It also leads to many three and out possessions leaving our young defense on the field too long.

It's time for the upperclassmen to show leadership against Wyoming and not let the O'Neill Chambers fiasco affect the season and the program. It truly is one game at a time from here on out with a chance to finish with a winning season and another bowl game. Go Cougars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment